This page has 3 things to make your life easier:
- professional resources (freely available!)
- scholarly research and reading to support your clients on the subject of high-control and religious trauma (one of my specialties!)
- consulting offerings for you and your colleagues (in case you're curious)
Here's why much of this is freely available:
For anti-rape culture and trauma-sensitive reasons, I don't do email funnels in exchange for "freebies." Of course, you're welcome to consensually join the non-spammy newsletter here. :-)
Bottom-line: THANK YOU for the work you do! My clients and I often refer to y'all as doing "the heavy-lifting" of trauma healing! You deserve all the vacations!
If you ever want to schedule a coffee or networking chat, let's make it happen!
Peterson Resilience Consulting
PS - Feel free to share this page with whomever you'd like or connect with me on LinkedIn!
Three Things I Believe About Your Business & Career...
- Your business can support you with the *same* ease, self-regulation, and skill that you give to your clients.
- *Time* is your most valuable, non-renewable, externally-sourced, and equitable asset in all of life.
- Commerce (not capitalism) is a *powerful* and underutilized tool for dismantling systems of oppression & cycles of trauma.
Mental Health Industry
- HIIPA Training Materials (US Dept of Health & Human Services)
- The Use of Technology & HIIPA Compliance (Forbes Magazine, 3/2021)
- The Therapy App Fantasy (The Cut, 3/2021)
- Children & Trauma, .pdf (American Psychological Association, 2008)
- Helper Pocket Card: Caring for Yourself in the Face of Difficult Work (ProQOL, 2020)
- List of Therapist Directories (SimplifiedSEOConsulting)
I've provided my clients with a massive (and fascinating!) collection of scholarly research showing its effect on capitalism, business owners, marketing, and gender. However, here is a smaller collection specific to you and your colleagues:
- The Religious Trauma Institute (co-founded by Laura Anderson, LMFT, and Brian Peck, LCSW)—phenomenal webinars and trainings for y'all!
- QAnon's Unexpected Roots in New Age Spirituality: masculinity, faith, and the strange convergence of counterculture and hate (Washington Post, 3/21/2021)
- Cults, Mind Control, Thought Reform, and Abusive Groups: What Clinicians Should Know (S. Nelson, 2012)
- Healthy Thinking as Means of Preventive Maintenance and a Therapy for Pathological Thinking in Destructive Cults (Evgeny N . Volkov, 2007)
- Influence of a Charismatic Antisocial Cult Leader: Psychotherapy With an Ex-Cultist Prosecuted for Criminal Behavior (Lorna Goldberg, MSW, LCSW, PsyA)
- Eichel, S. K. D. (2015). Cults, Extremist Movements, and the Child Custody Evaluation: Pitfalls and Strategies. Handbook of Child Custody, 273–289.
- Stein, A. (1997). Mothers in cults: The influence of cults on the relationship of mothers to their children. Cultic Studies Journal.
- Tourish, D. (2005). Charismatic Leadership and Corporate Cultism at Enron: The Elimination of Dissent, the Promotion of Conformity and Organizational Collapse. Leadership, 1(4), 455–480.
- Schwartz, L. L., & Kaslow, F. W. (1979). Religious Cults, the Individual and the Family. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 5(2), 15–26.
Depression—Available for iOS—this app includes at least 6 different scales of measurement that can make it easy to access the information needed to assess, treat, and manage your patients' depression and anxiety.
uDictate—Available for iOS—This dictation app was designed specifically for professionals in the medical and legal fields and includes some pretty rad features.
- Veteran Affairs & The National Center for PTSD—they offer a suite of apps, including a very effective Insomnia Coach. I've listed many of them here.
Assessments & Inventories
I regularly add to this collection of assessments and my clients use them for many reasons (i.e. in-take, tracking progress, etc.) The ones listed below are my go-to's. They're all freely available, not connected to a sales funnel, and backed by troves of scholarly research.
- Holmes & Rahe Stress Scale—I've popped this into a Google form, so it's easy for clients to take quickly, anonymously, and get their score instantly!
- ProQOL: Professional Quality of Life Assessment—this is an excellent one for folks in helping professions to take annually
- IAT: Implicit Association Tests—super important for those of us who care about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- MAIA: Multidimensional Assessment of Interoceptive Awareness—excellent for tracking progress of interoception skill-building
- ACEs Assessment: Adverse Childhood Experiences—that good ol' Kaiser Permanente study we know and love ;-)
Lessons from Dandelions on Defiance & Social Justice featuring Kate Fontana
How to Be a Better Ally for Social Justice featuring Dr. Joy Cox
The Road Back to You & How The Enneagram Can Help featuring Ian Cron
Your 3 Word Rebellion featuring Dr. Michelle Mazur
Truth, Trauma, and Open-Handed Slaps to the Face featuring Kye Alfred Hillig
How to Find Your Purpose in the Midst of Transition featuring Jonathan DeWaal
Hiding Under Desks, Prioritizing Pain and Other Hard Things featuring Jessica Ribera
How to Edit Your Writing with Powerful Authenticity featuring Karin Stevens
How to Stand in Unshakeable Truth featuring Vicki Ambinder
How to Be Wrong & Stay Listening featuring Andy Zook
How to Be Everything & Never Fit In a Box featuring Emilie Wapnick
How to Grieve Beautifully & Collaborate Generously featuring Holli Margell
We Are Not Mere Objects: Surviving Sexual Assault featuring Sarah Jane
At Death's Door, Fighting For Life & Loving with Your Whole Heart featuring Jake Hemming
ALL-TIME FAVORITE (AND GREAT PICK FOR COUNSELORS & THERAPISTS!)
a fierce little bundle of reusable spreadsheets for solving pricing decisions, time management woes & financial strategy support
- test drive my Masters in Business Administration!
- answer your client-based finance questions!
- and walk away with a reusable business tool!
Because First Impressions Count!
Do you have a website? Do you (secretly) worry that it sucks? Or maybe you know it doesn’t do you and your awesome work justice?
Easy! You'll walk away from your 45-min Website Audit with a tangible list of tiny improvements and the confidence to put yourself out there!
You get brave clarity & I get to clean!
You've got questions to clear up about your life, career, and creativity? Maybe you've got some marketing questions? Or you'd like to know the best way to automate a certain piece of your life. Well, Emily Ann's got a house to Marie Kondo! Let's join forces! Reserve your spot in Emily Ann's calendar today!
A Digital Tool to Navigate Your Business & the Marketplace
A Digital Tool to Navigate Your Business & the Marketplace—This auto-calculated worksheet bundle is for business owners who want more confidence to set boundaries, make strategic marketing decisions, improve customer onboarding experiences, attract the right clients and repel the wrong clients (you know the ones). Consider this your rinse-and-repeat strategy sandbox for ideal client/customer acquisition and marketing strategy! Includes 1 worksheet bundle (with customizable client categories!) and 3 private consulting sessions with Emily Ann Peterson.